2016 with ACA - Queensland / NT
Warmest wishes from ACA QLD/NT!
The beginning of a new year provides an opportunity to review the last twelve months and set forth with new energy as we deliver our objectives to meet the vision of the ACA to represent the business interests of members who are practicing architecture in Australia.
When I started as the new ACA – Qld/NT Branch President in 2014 my desire was:
“to continue to find ways to help support our members and, in turn, to gain momentum with membership growth. There is strength and influence in numbers!”
Well, it is great to see that over the last twelve months the ACA has had a 9% membership growth nationally and as of December 2014 the ACA has grown to 285 members representing 3,182 staff. (I’d like to extend a warm welcome to new Qld/NT members, including McDonald Architects, of Broadbeach, our most recent new member.) This growth makes it possible for the ACA to continue to develop and deliver services that will help members with their architectural businesses!
Our focus for 2016 will be on five key areas:-
- Surveys – Research, review and communicate the results of surveys, which provide valuable industry benchmarks.
- Events – Provide opportunities for members to engage in events and activities which are relevant, thought provoking and informative.
- Promote ACA offerings to all architectural practices and grow the membership.
- Provide sound financially management of the Branch operations.
- Maintain the ACA volunteer ethos and spirit of sharing.
For 2016 I encourage all our members to get involved with the events, whether it is a site tour, guest speaker event or ACA Insight, the national webinar series. Through these events you will get to meet with your fellow peers, share a meal and may even achieve your required CPD points by the end of March!
We look forward to growing a strong and health Chapter in the year ahead.
Mark Williams is President of ACA – Qld/NT 2014 – 2016.