Architects in SA - A View from the APBSA data7 April 2016
A report on data from the APBSA provides and overview of the demographics of registered architects in South Australia.
The report is part of the SA State of the Profession research project. Undertaken by Gill Matthewson, it makes the following overall findings.
- Overall, the numbers of individuals on the register has increased over the years in the state, but there appears to be a recent dropping off in both numbers and the number of registeredarchitects per head of population.
- The number of registered companies, however, is a more stable figure.
- Women are an increasing proportion of the register but the state as a whole lags behind the restof Australia in terms of numbers of registered women.
The larger State of the Profession research resulted in two other reports, which can be accessed via the links below
- SA State of the Architectural Profession Survey Report and Findings
- Architects in SA – A View From the Census