Architects Regulations 201512 May 2015
New Architects Regulations in Victoria come into effect on 19 May.
The ARBV advises that these were gazetted on 28 April and summarises the changes as follows. The regulations:
- Specify the standard of professional conduct and practice for architects in the Victorian Architects Code of Professional Conduct.
- Introduce a power to conduct an election for the nomination of architects to the Board using technology assisted voting and computer counting.
- Simplify classes of registered architect to "practising" and "non-practising".
- Provide that architects registered as "retired" architects are now registered as "non-practising" architects.
- Abolish annual fees for non-practising architects.
- Prescribe fees in fee units, which are indexed annually.
- Provide for the production of a certified extract of the Register in relation to an architect, an approved partnership or an approved company.